Hi there! Pearl here to share a layering technique to create a lacy heart card perfect to congratulate any couple getting married this spring. After all, wedding season is right around the corner!
You'll need: Hambly Little Hearts Overlay, Bazzill Dotted Swiss, Doily, Kraft Cardstock, White Cardstock Base, Glue Dots Glue Lines, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Martha Stewart Crafts Studded Heart Punch All Over The Page, Date Stamp, Tombow - Mono Multi Liquid Glue, White Opaque Pen, Bone Folder.
Then simply follow these steps:
1. Punch a heart shape on the Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock. then stamp 5 dates with one of the dates being the couple's wedding date.
2. Create banners with the message "Congrats" on one and the initials of the couple on another.
3. Using Tombow Mono Liquid glue, attach the banners to the Hambly Little Hearts overlay matching the wedding date in between the two banners.
4, Then using Glue Dots Glue lines, attach the overlay to the Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock matching directly behind the banners to hide the glue lines. It creates such a great and strong bond keeping the card together with just a bit of the adhesive.
5. Then, using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, align a piece of doily behind the heart window to create a lacy heart.
6. Then adhere a piece of kraft cardstock behind that to give the lace dimension.
7. And lastly, attach all the layers to a white card base.