Hi there! This is Jennifer Rzasa, and I’m so excited to be posting my first project for the Hambly Screen Prints DT!
My project today is one that I made for a secret gift program at my job called “Secret Angel.” I was trying to think of what I could give that would be good for a fellow teacher, and the first thing that came to mind was chocolate! I always keep a stash of sweets in my classroom, so I figured she’d probably want some too...who wouldn’t?
My favorite Hambly products to work with are the overlays- they always look impressive! I chose to use the festive Holiday Deer overlay for my treat holder.
1. Start with a piece cut to 5.5”x8.5.”
2. Fold the short ends together, and sew along the edge with a ¼ in. seam allowance.
3. Crease the seam to one side of the tube....
4. ...and sew one end of the tube closed
5. Now you have a perfect little container to fill with treats!
7. Now, here’s the tricky part. Close the top, folding it in the opposite direction as the bottom, and sew the end closed. Be careful not to let any of the goodies slip out!
8. It’s ready to decorate! Although the sewn ends looked clean and polished, I decided to embellish them with some washi tape folded over each edge. I also used the tape to make little flags to adhere under the journaling sticker .
9. The finishing touches are rhinestones (on the sticker and the reindeer noses) and a red snowflake, cut from a scrap piece of the overlay.