Hello everyone! It’s Tiffany here with another fun tutorial for you!
If you’re like me, you’re in love with the Hambly Bowtie Papers, Overlays, and Rub-ons. So, I have a short tutorial on an oldie-but-goodie paper folding trick on how to make an oragami bow-tie! Remember making these out of dollar bills?
1. Trim woodgrain or other patterned paper to 4x6 or any other rectangular dimension you desire.
2. Fold in half length-wise.
3. Fold sides into the center seam or fold.
4. Fold down in half.
5. Take the right corner, open up the side, and fold down forming a triangular tip.
6. Repeat with the left corner.
7. Open up sides and fold placing the seams on the inside.
8. Fold flaps up forming a seam at the base of the triangle on each side then turn so that opening is at the bottom.
9. Fold corners in at each side forming a triangular tip and repeat with the other side.
10. Now, open the bow-tie slowly with the seams at the back.
11. Flatten the center.
12. Now you can hot glue a clothespin and decorate as you like!
Here are some crafts using the bow-ties:
Create fun favors for a children’s party!
Decorate a gift bag for Dad!
Decorate a fun card for Dad!
You can also make elegant place cards for that special occasion!
What will you do?