Last month I showed you how to use Tim Holtz's alcohol inks with your Hambly transparencies. This month I'm going to show you how to use Perfect Pearl powders to make your transparencies shimmer and shine!
This technique is easy, but a bit messy. :) You need:
- Hambly transparency
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Perfect Pearls powders (I used 3 colors--green, gold, and pearl)
- Scrap paper to catch excess powder
1. Grab your supplies...a transparency, Glossy Accents, and Perfect Pearls powder. Please excuse the glare from the lights (those slick transparencies are really difficult to photograph). Also excuse my super-messy & painty work mat.
2. Apply some Glossy Accents to your transparency. Just work in a small area at a time. I would squeeze on some Glossy Accents and then use my finger to spread it out. You just need a thin layer.
3. Sprinkle some Perfect Pearls powder right onto the wet Glossy Accents. I used three colors and just gently sprinkled it right from the jar. You could use a little spoon for sprinkling, too.
4. Pick up the transparency and shake it to spread out the powders. Grab some scratch paper and shake off any excess powder. If you still have some areas that aren't covered well, take the excess powder and put it back onto the area.
5. Let the Glossy Accents dry completely. As it dries, it bonds the powder to the transparency.
6. Flip your transparency over and admire the sparkly-ness!
7. Cut your transparency up and use it in your papercrafts projects. You could make neat ornaments, tags, and page accents. I used mine to create this holiday card.